Monday, October 13, 2008

Lost in a moment

I lived.
I lived and I wanted.
I wanted to be,
and in being, to be
an artist. I wanted
to create a masterpiece.
I wanted, so I went
out
and got it.
For canvas, I chose
the world.
On that canvas I
scraped
out
my
soul.
I poured out on it
every tear
that ever dropped from my
eyes
and bled from my
heart.
I threw on to it
every laugh that flew
from my mouth
and every smile
I ever meant.
I burned into it
all the anger that
ever clenched my body
and every shade of hate
ever to
sear
my
soul.
I froze on my canvas
every fear that
stopped my heart
and every anxiety and
worry
that shook my
mind.
Inside my canvas
I lit
every joy, every happy
thought that brightened
just one day
I lived.
I vomited onto my canvas,
I dreamed onto my canvas,
I laid out every part of
me
onto
my canvas,


until I was my canvas


and the artist formerly
known as me
stood back and gazed
on the greatest
Sidewalk-Chalk Mural
ever created
in the history of man
and he wept at its
perfection.
With the fall of his first tear
it began to pour rain.

No comments: